The classic Tuna Melt is a dependable sandwich.
Simple, easy to make and packed with protein, the Tuna Melt comes together so quickly for weekday lunches or weeknight dinners. With just a handful of simple ingredients you can create a delicious and filling meal.
We love this classic open faced sandwich because it can be easily assembled with items from your freezer and pantry. Did you know, Stonefire® naan can be stored in the freezer? If frozen properly, our products can be stored there for up to a year. Tasty and versatile like our flatbreads, properly canned and stored tuna can last up to 5 years in a pantry. With these two kitchen staples, a delicious treat is not far away!
To kick up the flavor of your Tuna Melt, a mix of sharp flavors like onion, relish and mustard add a richness to the melted cheese and tuna. We also love this classic because it can be made with Stonefire® Original Mini Naans, or if you’re cooking with kids, Naan Dippers® – perfect for mini-sized Tuna Melts! The rich buttery naan flavor and pillowy-soft texture comes to life when heated, kicking up the flavor of this dish another notch.
Stonefire® Tuna Melts
This classic open faced sandwich recipe pulls together simple ingredients to create four savory Tuna Melts using Stonefire® Original Mini Naan.
- 4 (or one pack) Stonefire® Original Mini Naan (Original Naan or Naan Dippers® work well too)
- 2 6 ½-ounce can solid white tuna fish drained
- 2 6 ½-ounce can light tuna fish drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 tablespoons minced celery
- 4 teaspoons sweet relish
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- Toast the mini naan until very lightly browned.
- Mix the tuna, mayo, onion, celery, relish, mayo, mustard, in a medium-sized bowl. Add the salt and pepper and blend well.
- Divide the tuna over the 4 mini naan. Top each with 1/4 of the shredded cheese and place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve warm.