Pesto, Asparagus and Bacon Naan Dippers®
10 min Prep Time
3 min Cook Time
Wondering how to pick the best in asparagus at the grocery store or farmers market? Chef Alison has you covered. Pick the thin stalks, they are more tender and will not need to be peeled. Skip the ones with wilted, sad looking stalks. Keep your asparagus fresh in the fridge by wrapping the stalks in damp paper towels and storing in a plastic bag. Say ‘so long’ to sad fruits and veggies and while you’re picking them, do yourself a favor pick up some Stonefire® too
To purchase the Stonefire® product(s) used in this recipe,
please choose one of the following options:
- Stonefire® Naan Dippers®
- 6 strips bacon
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 5 oz. Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper-towel lined plate. When cool enough to handle, crumble.
- While bacon is cooling, snap the tops off the asparagus. Toss the asparagus tops with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Turn on the oven’s broiler (set it to its lowest setting if possible). Place an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler.
- Spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Set the Naan Dippers® face-down on the sheet pan and broil until they are lightly toasted on the bottom. (Toasting the bottom will help prevent the Naan Dippers® from turning soggy when you pile it with the other ingredients.)
- Flip the Naan Dippers® face-up and spread with pesto. Top with the mozzarella and then the asparagus (don’t worry if every inch of the flatbreads aren’t covered with mozzarella; these are much more beautiful if some of the naan is peeking out).
- Place the Naan Dippers® under the broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is starting to brown in spots. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Remove Naan Dippers® from the oven. Transfer to a serving platter and top with crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese and lemon zest.