Chili, is there anything more hearty and welcoming than a hot bowl on a cold night? This classic dinner idea is perfect for your winter weekend. Transform a quick and simple meal into something special by tearing apart a few warm pieces of Stonefire® Naan to enjoy the perfect scoop.
- 1 package Stonefire® Original Naan
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Medium onion (diced)
- 1 Large red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 3 Large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 Pounds 80/20 ground beef (grass-fed is best)
- 28 Ounce can crushed tomatoes (undrained)
- 14.5 Ounce can diced tomatoes with chiles (mild or spicy depending on your preference)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2) 15 ounce cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 Ounce can sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons* chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- sour cream, shredded cheese (to garnish)
- In oil in a large pot, add the onion and bell pepper and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one additional minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans and corn.
- Add the chili powders, sugar, and water. Stir to combine.
- Cover pot and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Place Naan on a baking tray and heat according to package instructions.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve with the chili – chili can be garnished with sour cream or yogurt, shredded cheese and sliced green onions if desired.