20 min Prep Time
1 hr Cook Time
Is there anything more comforting than French Onion Soup on a chilly day? Rich, flavorful broth made with perfectly caramelized onions, fresh thyme, Stonefire® Naan, and melted cheese.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups beef stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Stonefire® Naan Dippers® or Stonefire® Original Naan
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown and caramelized, about 30-40 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Stir in dry white wine, stir to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Stir in beef stock, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 15-20 minutes. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Stir in white wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to broil.