Mouthwatering grilled cheese variations
It’s clear at this point that we at Stonefire® have a real soft spot for grilled cheese. Soft and buttery Stonefire® naan, mini naan (and even Naan Dippers®) are the perfect canvas for your grilled cheese cravings. Traditional grilled cheese add-ons like sliced tomato, bacon or avocado are simple ways to bring additional flavor and texture to a classic sandwich.
Lucky for us, Chef Alison never stops experimenting in the test kitchen. One of our all-time favorite Chef Alison creations is her Divine Dorito® Grilled cheese. This grilled cheese is savory crunchy and delicious.
For this extra special sandwich Chef Alison created a custom cheese blend using Monterey jack cheese, aged cheddar cheese, smoked cheddar cheese and queso cheese. For maximum cheesy flavor, Chef Alison adds crushed Doritos® to the cheese blend. After pan toasting both sides of the naan in butter and melting the cheese, you will have a sandwich is packed with big flavors and big crunch!
Serve grilled cheese on naan alone for a simple lunch, or with tomato soup and side salad for an easy dinner idea. Transform a quick and simple sandwich into something special!
Want to try Stonefire® at home? To help you get started, here’s a $1 off savings on any Stonefire® product!
The Divine Grilled Cheese Naan
- 4 Stonefire® Original Mini Naan
- Cheese Blend – ½ cup of blend for each sandwich
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup aged cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup smoked cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Queso cheese
- ½ cup crushed Doritos®
- Sliced pickled Jalapenos – to taste
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Arrange cheese blend, pickled jalapenos and crushed Doritos® in between the Naan with the bubble side out.
- Preheat frying pan large enough to hold the Naan over medium heat. Add butter to pan.
- Once melted, add Naan and flip immediately to coat both sides of Naan with butter.
- When bottom is golden brown (approx. 5- 7min.), flip Naan and continue to brown for another 5- 7 min. or so, making sure the cheese is nicely melted inside (if not, place a lid over pan for a minute or so).
- Transfer to cutting board, let sit for one minute, and then cut into 4 pieces, and enjoy! A pickle on the side is a nice compliment.
If you try this recipe at home, we would love to hear from you. Tag us @stonefirenaan on Instagram with the finished product!