It’s a celebration. It’s patriotic. It’s red, white, and blue…
And it’s pizza!
Stacked with mozzarella cheese, tomato, roasted red pepper, garlic, and olive oil, this pizza scores big points for ‘spot-on’ flag design and for being ridiculously delicious.
It probably doesn’t hurt that the base is our Stonefire® Artisan Pizza Crust – It’s baked in our patented stone oven to replicate the artisan techniques that give great pizza that perfect, hand-touched texture and delicious flavor.
Enjoy this America-themed pizza recipe and happy 4th of July everyone!
Stonefire®’s Patriotic American Flag Pizza
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 13 Minutes
Servings: 8 Slices
What You Need:
- 1 Stonefire® Artisan Pizza Crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup purple potatoes, sliced paper-thin
- 20-30 grape tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- ½ jar roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cup buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (220°C).
- REMOVE flatbread from the packaging and place it on a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- MIX olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to mix it and brush it over the flatbread.
- SLICE purple potatoes into paper-thin rounds. Slice grape tomatoes into rounds. Slice the mozzarella into strips. Slice roasted red peppers into strips. Cut (9) star shapes from the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- ARRANGE the vegetables and cheese into an American flag design. First layer the purple potatoes in the upper left corner - 4 across, 4 down until a square shape is achieved (brush with a little olive oil mixture). Next arrange cherry tomatoes as the first stripe, followed by the mozzarella, then the roasted red pepper, then the mozzarella, follow this pattern until you have filled the pizza. Place the stars over top of the purple potatoes in an even pattern.
- BAKE in the center of the oven until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is crispy – which should be about 13 minutes.
- REMOVE from the oven. Slice and serve warm.