Stonefire® Artisan Flatbreads can be used for more than just flatbread pizza recipes. In this recipe, our flatbreads provide the base for a twist on the classic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. Thinly sliced steak, sliced green peppers, sautéed onions and shredded provolone cheese atop our flatbread delivers a whole new sandwich experience.
- 2 Stonefire® Artisan Flatbreads
- 1 cup thinly sliced cooked steak
- ½ cup Pizza sauce
- ½ cup sliced green peppers
- ½ cup sautéed onions
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- ¼ cup Italian vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Brush one of the Artisan Flatbreads with the Italian vinaigrette, reserving the extra to drizzle over the finished flatbread sandwich, and top the second flatbread with the pizza sauce and provolone cheese. Place both on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 4 minutes – just to lightly toast the flatbread and melt the cheese.
- Remove the toasted flatbread from the oven and top the pizza sauce and cheese flatbread with all remaining ingredients, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and top with the second toasted flatbread.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve.