Banana Foster Naan
10 Min Prep Time
10 Min Cook Time
Versatile and delicious, Stonefire® Original Naan can be used for more than just savory recipes. Bananas Foster atop warm fluffy naan is a unique twist on this classic recipe. With the rich flavors of melted butter, bananas and cinnamon this decadent dessert will please any sweet tooth!
To purchase the Stonefire® product(s) used in this recipe,
please choose one of the following options:
- 1 package Stonefire® Original Naan
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter – melt 1 Tbsp and set the other 6 Tbsp aside
- 6 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp + ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light or dark rum
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Mix the ¼ cup sugar and ½ tbsp of cinnamon together in a small bowl, there will be more sugar than needed – use the extra cinnamon sugar to top the finished dessert. Spread the melted butter over the bubbly side of the two pieces of Naan, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking tray. Set aside until ready to top with the banana mixture.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise and set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, when melted stir in the brown sugar and mix well. Add the bananas, cut side down and cook for about 5 minutes turning once. When the bananas feel tender to the touch sprinkle with ½ tsp cinnamon and the pinch of nutmeg, remove pan from the heat.
- Place the baking tray with the Naan in the oven for 3 minutes to warm them, once warm the Naan should be cut into 8 pieces (or 4 according to serving size) and placed on the plate used to serve. Turn the heat back on under the banana skillet and pour in the rum. Shake the skillet to mix and distribute the liquid and ignite the rum with a long match. Using a long-handled spoon, baste the bananas with the sauce until the flames disappear.
- Remove from heat and spoon over portioned cinnamon sugar Naan. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.