Wondering how to pick the best in asparagus at the grocery store or farmers market? Chef Alison has you covered. Pick the thin stalks, they are more tender and will not need to be peeled. Skip the ones with wilted, sad looking stalks. Keep your asparagus fresh in the fridge by wrapping the stalks in damp paper towels and storing in a plastic bag. Say ‘so long’ to sad fruits and veggies and while you’re picking them, do yourself a favor pick up some Stonefire® too
To purchase the Stonefire® product(s) used in this recipe,
please choose one of the following options:
- 1 package Stonefire® Original Naan
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounces Italian blend shredded cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cook the bacon, roughly chop after it has cooled
- Finely chop onions and lightly coat in olive oil
- Chop asparagus, lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle naan with Italian cheese blend
- Add desired amount of bacon, asparagus, onion and blue cheese
- Place in oven directly on the rack for 7-9 minutes or until golden and edges are crispy.
Hungry for a deal?
Save $1 with a coupon